HealthAxis Group, a leader in healthcare technology, is searching for an EDI Developer to join our SaaS product team in Irving TX. The EDI Developer is responsible for translating business needs into detail requirement specifications/companion guides, facilitating EDI enterprise systems design and architecture, performing EDI systems design and analysis, and analyzing EDI system problems and modifications.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes current business practices, user needs and work flow processes.
- Develops Architecture Specification deliverables/companion guides that map customer business requirements into complete information systems (technologies, processes, and people) or operational solutions.
- Performs vendor analysis and make recommendations.
- Understands the customer’s business problem, need, or opportunity and designs a virtualized solution that completely and correctly addresses the business problem, need, or opportunity.
- Leads the architectural design, development, deployment, and technical quality of large EDI enterprise solutions that span multiple technologies and disciplines.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve problems considering system capacity, limitations, and desired results.
- Provides architectural direction for multiple medium to large sized projects concurrently in various stages of their lifecycle or a large project full time.
- Prior to first productive use, identifies the impacts and dependencies of the new system.
- Creates robust, scalable, sustainable data architecture that supports requirements.
- Demonstrate efficiencies of the new system and provide feedback to teams.
- Evaluates the effect of external factors on designed solution.
- Develops conceptual (theoretical) model from multiple data sources to improve performance.
- Identifies and documents the data sources, recipients, and interfaces that need to be developed to support data collection and maintenance.
- Prepares technical architectural and implementation design documents.
- Completes development tasks following prescribed methodology.
- Works closely with the DBA and system administrators to help insure the physical design meets the functional and performance requirements of the application.
- Analyzes clinical & business use of existing systems to identify problem to be resolved and defines system applications or process improvements
- Recommends modifications to application design or current procedures to maximize advantages of existing resources
Experience and Required Skills:
- 7 years or more of EDI architecture and design
- 3 years of experience in management of health administration or business or technology field
- Experience with Health Insurance business processes and practices.
- IT EDI industry knowledge including X12 transactions (270/271, 276/277, 277CA, 278, 834, 835, 837I/P/D and 999), and databases
- A working knowledge of a variety of hardware and software environments for automation and reporting.
- Process mapping, group presentation, strong verbal/written communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Strong developer skills in C#, .NET Framework, and SQL. Experience in XML, XSLT, XAML a plus.
- Experience managing code development with Visual Studio TFS.
- Experience in MS Biztalk: building Schemas, Maps, Orchestrations, Troubleshooting and Testing.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to a stringent timeline.
- Ability to apply knowledge of how the industry uses IT-EDI to address business challenges using technical standards and infrastructure, cross-industry trends that impact IT investment, industry-specific roadmaps, and IT enablers.
- Customer service oriented.
Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Computer Application or equivalent engineering degree preferred, or related studies and training in development languages and EDI applications may be accepted.