Responsible for the development, design and implementation of new or modified software products or ongoing business projects. May provide oversight and technical checkpoints to enforce standards and quality of BI solutions. Researches new technologies, tools and methodologies as they emerge that may be applicable. Responsible for collaborating with the IT teams to ensure that technical architecture complies with guidelines and restrictions to ensure software projects meet requirements.
- Serve as the Lead Developer for all software design activities for a specific project
- Research, design, implement and manage software program/s
- Test and evaluate new software programs
- Write and implement efficient code
- Identifying areas for modification/improvement in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications
- Work closely with Project Manager to develop and update the task plan for software
- Work closely with other software developers, UX designers, and systems analysts
- Work closely with project’s Business Analysts, Data Modelers, BI Lead, and Solution Architects for assigned software development activities
- Determine the operational practicality and develop quality assurance procedures
- Deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Maintain and upgrade existing systems
- May assist or train users
- Understand and implement best practices, tuning, and optimization for commonly used BI tools
- Effectively communicate and lead meetings with technical peers regarding the solution designs.
- Participate and provide oversight to the implementation of industry best practices for BI operational excellence and product development lifecycle methodologies – such as: Agile, Waterfall, ASAP, etc.
- Engage in technical integration efforts for mobile technologies and other BI products, such as Oracle BI Foundation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline. (Master’s degree a plus).
- 5 years of relevant experience – in formal software application design and development on the BI landscape – including experience with projects involving complex BI implementations in a large organization and with BI Centric Architecture for full implementation life cycles.
- Experience in a healthcare setting or work with health care data such as claims, EMR, among others.
- Comprehensive BI product knowledge – such as: OBIEE, OBI Applications, Endeca, Business Objects, Cognos, Microsoft BI, QlikView.