Health Axis Group, a leader in healthcare technology, is searching for a Senior Instructional Designer
to join our Learning & Development Team. The Senior Instructional Designer will be accountable for all activities pertaining to the design and development of documentation and web-based training solutions relating to sales, service and systems integration to enhance organizational productivity, career development and team member engagement. This position is responsible for creating and implementing training programs for all employees
- Collaborate with the VP, People & Culture to assess individual department learning needs and develop quality interactive training documents and/or blended learning outcomes (such as eLearning, videos and podcasts) for corporate-wide implementation.
- Follow current instructional design methodologies that include needs analysis, design, development, testing and deployment cycles.
- Participate in the ongoing design and integration of onboarding and job skills into a curriculum for each main job function within sales, service and systems integration.
- Create and maintain learning plans for specific positions consistent with identified training needs and associated career paths
- Monitor and evaluate program and process quality and effectiveness; make recommendations for improvement
- Collaborate with the VP, People & Culture to research and identify the best emerging instructional and web technologies for delivering training content within a diverse, worldwide organization, including individual training, group instruction, online, and workshops.
- Select or develop teaching aids such as operating procedures, training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, or tutorials.
- Work closely with internal and external subject-matter experts throughout the organization to validate training deliverables and learning solutions.
- Create and maintain the resources to support internal and external learning programs outlined in the corporate learning plans.
- Maintain an L&D project log by adding, updating, and completing all entries that pertain to documentation assignments requiring instructional design or eLearning.
- Develop assessments to accommodate learning that measure progress and training effectiveness; make recommendations for improvement.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining learning content in the current Learning Management System
- Minimum 5-7 years instructional design and project management experience; web-based training design or another related field preferred
- Healthcare industry experience preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years demonstrated experience leveraging modern Learning Management Systems.
- Paycom is a major plus
- SharePoint experience preferred
- Demonstrate experience creating high-quality, high-impact, professional learning & development content
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of MS Office suite applications.
- Direct, recent experience with e-learning development standards, curriculum design, training methodologies, and online education.
- Familiarity with tools including LMS, Content Management Systems, Assessment Engines and Web Applications; strong knowledge of authoring technologies, design tools, and multimedia applications, such as Articulate, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premier, Microsoft SharePoint, CSS, HTML, JAVA script, XML, SCORM.
- Strong platform and interpersonal skills for interacting with all levels of the organization; excellent verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to write clear, concise and creative training documentation.
- Strong Project Management skills and the ability to plan, organize and successfully coordinate multiple priorities to meet all deadlines and deliverables.
- Ability to conduct research into course development and delivery concepts, as well as technical software issues.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle sensitive matters with discretion.
- Ability to accept and provide constructive feedback in a professional manner.
- Positive attitude, attention to detail and customer service focus.
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) is a plus
- BA/BS in Instructional Design, Education, Adult Learning or related field required
- Specialized training in instructional design methodologies required
- Responsible for driving the HXG culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal contacts.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner
HealthAxis Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law