Health Axis Group, a leader in healthcare technology, is looking for a Sr. Network Engineer to join our team. The Network Engineer will provide expert-level support in a complex enterprise architecture by troubleshooting, developing, and implementing detailed design, configuration and engineering strategies/solutions for several network technologies within assigned technical area of expertise.
• Support all network infrastructure including; network devices, backbone, and remote office connections. Devices include switches, routers, firewalls, servers, and Hyper-V VM’s
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying integrity, security, and availability of all hardware, server resources, and data center environment.
• Complete moderate to high difficulty assignments in the design, detailed configuration, integration and support of existing and future technologies within assigned technical area of expertise.
• Accountable for planning, designing, reviewing and approving robust, stable, scalable and manageable designs.
• Perform problem diagnosis of critical incidents, perform effective problem resolution, and provide root-cause analysis reporting as required.
Delivery & Documentation
• Accountable for creation and maintenance of detailed design documents, diagrams, engineering specifications, configurations, technical implementation plans, models, troubleshooting and support guides, systems metrics, and overall project information (including key deliverables).
• Accountable for the technical correctness and completeness of engineering designs, implementations, transitions to Operations for support and related artifacts.
• Accountable for ensuring that build activities are completed per engineering diagrams and in alignment with architecture and security standards.
Leadership & Partnerships
• Manage effective relationships and work in partnership with management, team members, vendors, and various departments to deliver robust technical solutions that are stable, secure, scalable and manageable.
• Provide the highest level of technical subject matter expertise in designing and implementing stable, secure and manageable solutions.
• Lead, mentor, coach and contribute to the development of peers and other team members.
• Utilize performance data and historical metrics to effectively: resolve efficiency issues, improve overall functionality, plan for growth needs, upgrades, migrations, optimizations, and new implementations
Processes, Standards & Best Practices
• Assume active participation in continual refinement of processes, policies and best practices to ensure optimal availability/stability, performance, security and supportability of technologies.
• 7-10 years of relevant experience with increasing responsibility over time
• Experience managing servers in a Hyper-V environment
• Experience managing Microsoft Failover Clusters
• Experience managing SonicWall and Cisco firewalls
• Experience managing Cisco and Dell switches
• Experience managing Hyper-Converged Solutions
• Comprehensive knowledge of IP subnetting / OSI
• Comprehensive knowledge routing protocols and switching
• Ability to learn quickly and work independently
• Strong analytical, design, and implementation capabilities required
• Ability to communicate and articulate technical information across various organizational levels
• Strong thought leadership abilities and a highly innovative problem solver
• High reasoning aptitude and ability to quickly understand a complex operating environment
• Expert-Level design and implementation experience
• Expert-Level troubleshooting abilities and highly innovative infrastructure
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Include salary history with your response. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should include: Sr. Network Engineer